An great website design fulfills function that intended for it. It conveys the right message while engaging your visitors. When starting a website design, there are some key factors that make sure your website is seen a great website. A well designed website build trust with your visitors and guides them to take the action which will in turn grow your business.
A great visitor experience is key. This we do by making sure your website design is is based on solid design principles also known as usability (how it looks) and functionality (easy to use) .
Here are our design principles that we follow:
1. Your website has a clear purpose
Be clear about your website’s purpose. Why does your website exist? Too many times we have clients who say “We need one because our competitors have one”. Yes, but to stand out from your competitors, your purpose and your website’s purpose must be eloquent and clear.
2. You website must be simple to use
Our cornerstone business value is simplicity. It ensures a great visitor experience and makes it easy to use. We invest in simple well design templates that have been thoroughly tested and proven.
Here are a few considerations:
– Colour: Colour is powerful and can communicate your message as well as evoke emotional responses you want for your visitors. We recommend finding a colour palette that fits your brand . Keep the colours about 4 colours. Contact us for some useful colour resources.
– Fonts: Here we will take the lead. Our templates are pre-loaded with a set of fonts or typography that ensures your website looks good. Fonts are important as they command attention and helps with a great visitor experience.
– Images: Imagery is a vital aspect making your website a great website. Images must tie in with your colour palette and brand. Most of the information on website are communicated through images and leaves a solid first impression. This is why it is important to supply us with high quality images that has been taken or designed professionally.
3. Your website must be simple and easy to navigate
Menus are the way visitors interact with you website and find what they are looking for. If your website’s navigation does not make it obvious where to find information or does not serve the purpose of your website, then visitors will give up and find what they need elsewhere. Keep menu’s simple, intuitive and consistent on every page.
4. Compelling Content
Content is the reason for why visitors come to your website. An effective web design has both great design and great content. Using compelling language great content can attract and influence visitors by converting them into customers.
5. Your website is responsive to different devices
Most website visitors first visit your site via their phones or other devices. We ensure that your website is has a responsive layout which adjusts to different screens.
Let us help you build a great website. Our “keep it simple” style ensures that we create a website that looks good, works well and tells your story.
Book a free session to find out more about how can help you